- Drain and clean the gas tank and lines
- Change the oil
- Change the coolant
- Install choke tubes
- Install PCV tube
Read the article from Spinner.
- Worked all day Saturday for Union Station Homeless Services. Erin joined me in the evening.
- Split Mother’s Day with the in-laws and my family.
- Watched the Lakers take a nap when they should have been playing basketball against the Houston Rockets.
- Went on an adventure with my wife and sisters. We started out in search of an award-winning cow (seen above), and ended our adventure with Boba Loca (I did not partake).
- Attempted to eat somewhere new, but after several failed attempts ended up at good old Foxy’s in Glendale.
- Rested after working 15 hours on Saturday.
Watched some local high school football with a bunch of friends. We thought it would be cool to see the two Burbank High Schools face off. As expected it was a one sided battle with Burroughs wiping the field with Burbank.
After the game we headed over to Bob’s in Toluca Lake for dinner/desert.
I was shocked when I turned on the TV to see the fires in Sylmar. And, since Sylmar isn’t too far away I was able to see the giant plume of smoke from my front porch. It was a little scary, but no cause for concern for my home, just my lungs.
I spent my morning watching the fire coverage and debated whether Erin and I should brave the freeway to go visit my parents in Whittier, who were decently close to the Brea and Yorba Linda fires. The newscasters all morning had been urging people to stay off the roads so I was afraid they would be packed.
A little after noon we decided to brave the road and were quite please by the traffic. We spent the afternoon and the rest of the evening with my parents and I changed the oil, transmission fliud, and fuel filter on my Focus with my Dad.
Was a nice day at church, even though I was miserable the entire time. I’ve been struggling with a cough for a while and it’s turned into a full-fledged cold, or something. So, I was in a daze the entire day.
After church we had a nice lunch at the preacher’s house and then I went home and took a long nap before it was time to go to small group.
After small group Erin and I came home and watched Four Weddings and a Funeral. We had never seen it, and since my wife is a fan of all the Hugh Grant movies it was a must see. The movie was entertaining enough and once it was over we went to bed. I was exhausted.